Click here to listen to (3 hours 24 minutes) or download (94.4MB) the recording of the symposium “The Harman Review: Bruno Latour’s Empirical Metaphysics” at the London School of Economics and Political Science on 5 February 2008. Speakers are Bruno Latour and Graham Harman. The panelists are Lucas Introna and Noortje Marres. The event is introduced by Leslie Willcocks and chaired by Edgar Whitley. There are also audience questions and comments. This event was organised by members of the ANTHEM Group and hosted by the Information Systems and Innovation Group (ISIG) of the Department of Management, LSE.
Archive for February, 2008
Abstracts are due on 25 February for papers for the 3-6 September 2008 conference of the Design History Society, hosted by University College Falmouth in Cornwall. Actor-network theory and the work of Bruno Latour in particular underlie the main theme of the Networks of Design conference. Latour will be one of the keynote speakers. The thematic strands are the following:
- Networks of texts, including images, documents & databases
- Networks of ideas, including theories, disciplines & concepts (among them ANT)
- Networks of technology, including mechanical & virtual technologies
- Networks of things, including material & technological artefacts
- Networks of people, including collectives & individuals.
More information at the Networks of Design conference website.