Click here to listen to (3 hours 24 minutes) or download (94.4MB) the recording of the symposium “The Harman Review: Bruno Latour’s Empirical Metaphysics” at the London School of Economics and Political Science on 5 February 2008. Speakers are Bruno Latour and Graham Harman. The panelists are Lucas Introna and Noortje Marres. The event is introduced by Leslie Willcocks and chaired by Edgar Whitley. There are also audience questions and comments. This event was organised by members of the ANTHEM Group and hosted by the Information Systems and Innovation Group (ISIG) of the Department of Management, LSE.
About the speakers, the panellists, the chair, and the host:
- Bruno Latour is Professor and Vice-President for Research at Sciences Po Paris
- Graham Harman is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the American University in Cairo
- Lucas Introna is Professor of Organisation, Technology and Ethics & Head of the Department of Organisation, Work and Technology at Lancaster University Management School
- Noortje Marres is Marie Curie Research Fellow at the Centre for the Study of Invention and Social Process, Department of Sociology, Goldsmiths, University of London
- Edgar Whitley is Reader in the Information Systems and Innovation Group, Department of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Leslie Willcocks is Professor of Technology, Work and Globalization & Head of the Information Systems and Innovation Group in the Department of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science
The event was organised by PhD students in the Information Systems and Innovation Group, LSE. The organising committee was comprised of Peter Erdélyi (lead organiser), Aleksi Aaltonen, Wifak Houij Gueddana, Ofer Engel, and Maha Shaikh, Research Officer at ISIG.
If you are interested in reading a copy of Graham Harman’s manuscript, “Prince of Networks: Bruno Latour and Metaphysics,” which served as the basis for discussion at this symposium, please contact Graham Harman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.