Anders Blok and Torben Elgaard Jensen’s book on Latour has now come out in English: Bruno Latour: Hybrid Thoughts in a Hybrid World, published by Routledge. (The original Danish version came out in 2009, the same year in which Harman’s Prince of Networks was published.)
French sociologist and philosopher, Bruno Latour, is one of the most significant and creative thinkers of the last decades. Bruno Latour: Hybrid Thoughts in a Hybrid World is the first comprehensive and accessible English-language introduction to this multi-faceted work. The book focuses on core Latourian themes:
- contribution to science studies (STS – Science, Technology & Society)
- philosophical approach to the rise and fall of modernity
- innovative thoughts on politics, nature, and ecology
- contribution to the branch of sociology known as ANT – Actor-Network Theory.
With ANT, Latour has pioneered an approach to socio-cultural analysis built on the notion that social life arise in complex networks of actants – people, things, ideas, norms, technologies, and so on – influencing each other in dynamic ways. This book explores how Latour helps us make sense of the changing interrelations of science, technology, society, nature, and politics beyond modernity.
- On the Trails of Bruno Latour’s Hybrid World
- Anthropology of Science
- Philosophy of Modernity
- Political Ecology
- Sociology of Associations
- Conclusion: The Enlightenment Project of Bruno Latour
- ‘We would like to do a bit of science studies with you…’ An Interview with Bruno Latour